Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday Lost Scenes #4

With Southern Vectis taking over Wightbus' services and many of their vehicles at the moment, I thought the following photo would be very apt for this week's lost scenes.


Wightbus HW54DBZ stood alongside Southern Vectis 710 (TIL6710)
Newport (old) bus station, 7th April 2005

HW54DBZ is now with Southern Vectis as 3328, and as far as I am aware is one of the few remaining in Wightbus livery with the fleetnames taken off. Southern Vectis TIL6710 is now on the mainland and was transferred over to Wilts & Dorset first in the SV green livery - I was lucky enough to capture it in service in Romsey in 2008.

I'm not sure why but a part of me always expected the "54" registered Darts of Wightbus to end up at SV. They arrived during the same registration period as Southern Vectis' 14 MPDs,  which may have had something to do with my thinking. Of course it is only due to the recession/government cuts etc. that they have ended up with SV, but it is interesting nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment