Thursday 29 December 2011

Basingstoke's new Enviros

Stagecoach South have received some new Enviro200 single deckers for Basingstoke and Aldershot town services. There are 13 in total, with 5 going to Aldershot and 8 going to Basingstoke. Fleet numbers and registrations are:
Aldershot: 36431 - 36436 (GX61AYJ / L / M / N / O)
Basingstoke: 36437 - 36443 (GX61AYP / S / T / U / V / W / Y / Z)

Yesterday I managed to get to Basingstoke, and took some photos of the new Enviros.

36437 (GX61AYS) was numerically the first one that I managed to photograph. They have been purchased to upgrade route 3, a cross town service that runs every 10 minutes on Mondays - Saturdays.

Two of the new Enviros pass Basingstoke railway station every 10 minutes, and this location is where my photos are from. Here is 36439 (GX61AYU) having just loaded passengers on now heading for South Ham.

At least one Enviro is branded for Jazz 3 - the route they are to be allocated to. Here is 36440 (GX61AYV) loading passengers outside Basingstoke rail station and about to head for the bus station and East Popley.

Finally, here is 36443 (GX61AYZ) again standing outside Basingstoke rail station on route 3. I've left myself with two more to photograph which will keep interest in Basingstoke for the next time that I visit.

Will have to try and get Aldershot's 5 now!


For photos -
click here for all of my Basingstoke photos from yesterday
* click here for all of my photos of Basingstoke's Enviros

1 comment:

  1. When you include the private contracts that Courtney Buses run for Sony/Chineham Business Park, the Cango and the long distance NatEx work; there is always a lovely variety of bodywork in the Basingstoke area.

    Its a shame I do not get more time there myself!

    ReplyDelete