Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!!

I would like to wish all of my visitors a very Happy New Year - all the best for 2011. 2010 has been a very good year for me personally in life and with buses, 2010 being my most productive year for photographs.

This year, due to lifestyle changes, I'm expecting my photography to involve more batch photography and weekend photography. By the end of 2011, I would have liked to:

* complete my photographs of First Hants & Dorsets recently acquired Dennis Dart SLFs, Volvo B7RLEs and Volvo B7TLs

* complete my Unilink photos

* visit Guildford / Crawley / Horsham - filling in a large void of photographs in relatively local, train accessible areas 

* complete a day on the Sandbanks - photographing Wilts & Dorset's Scanias at Swanage, Studland, Sandbanks and the ferry, and a day in the New Forest at Lymington, Ringwood, Lyndhurst and Burley

* Revisit Bath, Brighton, Winchester and Bristol, along with some other areas that feel unfinished following my trips of 2010

* Continue with lots of train trips - definately a HST again, and try getting further north than Reading!

* Ensure the First Hants & Dorset website is update to no longer than two weeks (I may have to be reminded for this one!) and that I post at least three times a week here.

2010 has been a good year, and has laid solid foundations for a great year of busing in 2011. Good luck to all - all the best.

[Just a quick note - December Stats: Visitor Count: 3139 (the best monthly figure so far - thank you for your continued support), Post Count: 14, Most Popular Post: Snow Report 1, Top Referrer: Plymothian Transit (thanks again Graham!), Top Audience Country outside the UK: Holland... Thanks to all!]

Right: Southern Vectis 1108 (HW58ASO) pictured in Arreton earlier on in 2010, heading for Newport on route 8. This is one of my favourite shots of last year.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the new year photos!
    Thanks for the kind words.

    Graham Plymothian Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say get further north than Reading - Oxford surely must be your aim - great variety of really modern buses and coaches, although the huge number of pedestrians can make photography a pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Oxford - I did visit last year and as you said the pedestrians were a bit of an issue - however it was cloudy which helped as I could photograph in any direction. Thanks to Mr Dash.

    I'd love to get the X Country service to Newcastle or Manchester, but I probably won't get round to it...

    ReplyDelete