Monday 29 August 2011

Sunday Lost Scenes #1

Quite a lot of blogs have special Sunday photo - Plymothian Transit has Sunday Best, PTOPA has Snap on Sunday - so I thought, what the hell, why not. Regulars to this blog will know that posts tend to come in batches, so I can't promise one will come every Sunday, but I'm sure I can manage a simple image each week. Eagle eyed viewers will also note today is Monday, not Sunday :-)

My post on Sunday will be a lost scene - either a bus, location or something similar that can no longer be replicated. I'll also post the image at full file size for maximum viewing pleasure.


Entry one: "Citaros at Ryde" - Southern Vectis 456 (left), 453 (far) and 479 (near) in Ryde bus station on route 9. 2nd October 2009.

When I took this photo, I simply thought "oh look, that's a lot of Citaros!" I didn't realise in less than a year, all of the Citaros would have moved on to new fleets and this view would be consigned to the past. I miss the Citaros from the island although reverting the 9 to double deck has to be one of the best decisions made in terms of capacity. However, there are a lot of elderly passengers on the service - hence why the Citaros were bought in the first place. It is a shame they haven't tried former Go Ahead London Citaro-artics to compensate for this... (tongue in cheek of course!)

Another view from the past will come next Sunday, thanks for viewing today.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll certainly look forward to seeing these on regular Sundays! There is nothing better than a nice bit of reminiscing on how things used to be, and then generally having a nice rant about how much better or worse it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurence, I've got some good Devon and Cornwall shots from years gone by which may be of interest to you and should be quite good for future posts :-)

    ReplyDelete