Saturday 19 March 2011

Poole Report #1

I visited Poole today - the first time since last June - and managed to capture nearly 200 photos and lots of buses on camera. The weather has been glorious. I'm going to make this a three stage report - mainly because a) it will keep blog entries regularly being written and b) I can post more of my photos with fotopic not working. First up is First's offerings from Poole.

First operate the two-hourly X53 into Poole from Weymouth. It is usually operated by branded Volvo B9TL double deckers, but today the 1120 arrival was former Manchester Volvo B7RLE 69212 (MX06VPN). Carrying a standing load on arrival, this shows that even spring X53s require the double deckers! 69212 fitted in well with Wilts & Dorset's own B7RLEs on the more routes.

I've found 69212 is the Volvo B7RLE I most frequently find when I'm down that area of the country - I've photographed it in Poole today, Weymouth on every trip, and in Charmouth on a 31 in summer 2009, again off route. The 31 is usually Scania Omnidekkas.

First's other operation in Poole is the Greyhound route to London via Bournemouth. On weekdays there is only a morning 0625 departure, but on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays there are also departures from Poole at 1300 and 1700. Here is 23322 (YN06CGV) Barbara Ann departing Poole coach station at lunchtime today. This is the first photo I've seen of Greyhound in Poole - but that may be because fotopic has gone down and my usual sources are therefore not visable!

Tomorrow - I'm going to show a snapshot of the Transdev Yellow Buses to RATP Group-owned Yellow Buses. Buses were carrying both fleetnames or no fleetnames today in Poole, and I'm glad I've managed to capture some in this changeover period.

No comments:

Post a Comment